
What do you think the main themes in Mrs Dalloway are?
2- Characters
What is Woolf' s purpose in creating a range of female characters of various ages and social classes- from Clarissa herself and Lady Millicent Burton to Sally Seton, Doris Kilman, Lucrezia Smith, and Maisie Johnson? Does she present a comparable range of male characters?
2 comments:
I didn´t like the story it was really difficult for me. I think that before reading this book we should know what the stoty is about or at least see the film. I fnot we should read it twice an carefully, because is complicated.
Anyway is something different and should be read.
Dany
I can concentrate on two major themes: fear of death and repression. I think that Clarissa and Septimus, the two sides of the author, are afraid of their own final moments. Clarissa experiences many deaths in her family and Septimus has seen the horrors of war closed to him.
In the case of repression, I believe that Clarissa is the one that cannot show herself to society so she tries to be one more all the time. In addition to this, Septimus is showing the truth of both lives because he does not pay attention to the standards of high society.
SELENE
Post a Comment