
The Eloi are the descendents of the wealthy, upper-classes in Wells’s time, and thus, in many ways, the cause of the mistreatment of the laborers. Yet, in the future, the Time Traveller feels the most connection to Weena and the other Eloi. Does this affect the way you interpret Wells’s critique of British class structure? Why or why not?
7 comments:
looking at that book cover reminds of the John Titor story. Look it up on wikipedia to see what im talking about.
nice blog btw.
I don´t enjoy reading the book, in my opinion it was really heavy, and long. And I don´t like science fiction books, Anyway its a different story ánd it wasn´t so bad, but I prefer boks like fiesta, because it had an interesting content it was based on real facts.
Dany
I totally agree with Dany. I didn't enjoy it either. When I read it, I took it as a mere science fiction book but afterwards analysing it in class I discover that he was depicting the Victorian social classes.
Who's John Titor?? :S
See u all after the winter holidays! :)
I totally disagree with the previous comments because I liked it a lot. It is fantastic how the different years are described, especially taking into account that this book was written many years ago. Wells was capable to imagine the future repeating the same pattern as every society experiments, in other words, he thought that society will be the same in every period of time.
The supreme imagination of a man was reflected throughtout the book,the view of something different and new and the eternal wish of proximity with other kind of people (as the people in the future was described).
Yes Selene. You're right he's imagination was superb for those times.
I didn't meant the book wasn't interesting. I simply didn't like it because I don't like science fiction
Come on girls don’t fight..jajja..
I enjoyed the book and I agree with the girls that Wells depicted the future in an incredible way. As regards the movie, I liked it too. It is obvious that films add extra things because they always put love and love everywhere but as I said in another comment, movies are a very good way to promote literature because I’m sure that some people who saw the movie afterwards read the book..or at least knew who wrote it.Emilio...
And who is Robert?..Emilio...
Post a Comment