Thursday, 15 May 2008

20th Century Literature


We have been reading and listening to a lot of information about different authors of the 20th Century. Who have you enjoyed reading or learning about the most? Why? Let's share our taste for literature!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed reading about the poets, because we also saw some works of them. I´m really fond of poetri. I´d like to work more with you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gaby, I can´t post my opinion, I don´t know why. I think that technology is against me. jjaj-
Well, I think that watching Animal Farm was realy useful because in my case I could understand better the story, and you find more interesting thing,there are some differences but it´s really nice watching what we read, I couldn´t see the time machine but I´ll try to see it so it´ll be easier for me to understand the book.
According to the authors we were dealing with, The ones that I enjoyed most weer the World War Writers, I don´t know exactly why, but are the ones I found more interested.
Dany

Anonymous said...

It's great to analyze the biography of the authors because it helps us to understand the books or poems we are dealing with. It's helpful because the authors sometimes include experiences and feelings of their own. The most shocking biographies for me were the ones of the War Poets.

Selene! said...

I liked the war poets. It was really interesting to know a little about them and how the consequences of fighting in war were reflected throughout their poems.
As regards the rest of authors we read, I think that they were all important and that made us realize that every period in history can be represented by these people who left their life in every line they wrote as well as their experiences in the different episodes of the time.

Anonymous said...

Ok, what can I say about 20th century poets. As regards poetry, I prefer reading eighteenth century poetry. However, I enjoyed reading war poetry of the 20th century. In my view, these poems give us a clear picture of the feelings and the way battles were fought in the past. Literature has a magic and mysterious side, you feel as if flying and going back to those periods of time. The descriptions of the battle field, its noises, blood and smells give an amazing visual image of how battles were.Emilio