Saturday, 12 April 2008

Animal Farm: The movie




After watching Animal Farm, do you think the movie resembles the story in its full extent? Is there any detail of the story that you could understand better by watching the movie? What have you enjoyed the most, reading or watching Animal Farm?

4 comments:

Selene! said...

I think that the movie was prepared for children so it was softer in a way.
I enjoyed the most reading the book because it helps you to create different images in your mind (what is impossible watching the movie). I rather prefer to imagine than watching something that does not belong to my idea ja!

Anonymous said...

I didn´t like very much the book, but after we compared with the historical facts to which the film represents I like it.The film was nice, and there I can realized that how dominated we are sometimes, how powerful people dominate us, and how the televison influences also on our minds and way of thinking.It´s nice because it makes you think a lot.
Dany dip

Anonymous said...

I didn't like the film so much because it didn't resemble too much to the book. I agree with Selene probably because the movie was suitable for children or because the producers decided to change the story a little.

I think the characters represented all the social classes.

One advantage of the film was that the pigs were accurately depicted in it.

But I enjoyed the most reading the book.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed watching the movie. It is true that it did not resemble the book but in fact, I think it was meant for children. That film is a good material to work at school because it is easy to understand. Moreover, we cannot show children a movie and explain them what the characters represent.
As regards the book, I did really enjoy reading it. The author is really witty because of the way he writes and presents the characters. I think the book does not only show how things were but it also shows how things are in present times. There are lots of pigs wearing suits around us.
Emilio...